Join us on Tuesday, 5/13 from 6-7pm for our Technology Showcase. Come check out all the neat things the students have done during Planet Bravo!
Also, the Spring Festival is: Sunday, 5/18 11am-3pm. Fun for the kids & a great way for parents to earn hours!!
What’s on Deck in 1st?
Religion: We will continue to discuss Pentecost and take our chapter 18 test. We will also learn how the Church helps our entire world.
Math: Subtraction facts: subtracting 10 from a number, differences of 2, identifying quarters, identifying and drawing polygons
Language Arts: Vowel diphthong /ou/ow; phonograms -out, -ow, -own, -ound
Spelling: how, cow, down, out, found, round, try, light, Earth, table, done, pushed, together
Sentence 1: How is the Earth round?
Sentence 2: Table three worked together and is done.
- High Frequency words: answered, baby, done, heard, pools, pushed, together
- Reading: “What Brad Found” “Ebb and Flo and the Baby Seal” “Fellini the Fur Seal”
- Comprehension: Story elements; making inferences
- Vocabulary: quivered, wailed, scattered, elated, lonesome, hopeless
- Grammar: using Am, Is, and Are. Synonyms & antonyms
Science: On Monday we will take our Unit test on animal habitats: coast, stream, and mountain. We will also start discussing weather patterns.
Social Studies: Unit 5 – “Good Citizens” – laws, government, leaders
20 minutes of reading & practice for spelling each night!
ATTN: ALL MOTHERS! Here’s to celebrating you… thanks for all you do! Hope you can relax and enjoy a nice cup of English Breakfast black tea 🙂